Wake up and smell the banana nut bread
Today I would like to start with my latest “coolinary” experiment: banana nut bread. Many thinks to my friend Sarah as she was the one to give me this recipe. Sarah made this wonderful banana nut bread during one of my visits to Cali. I just had to have the recipe!!!
Let’s start with the ingredients. You’ll find the imperial units first, followed by the quantities in the metric system (where necessary) in brackets:
- 2 cups + 1/3 cups of flour [>> 300g]
- ¾ cups + 2 teaspoons of white granulated sugar [>> 175g]
- A pinch of vanilla extracts [>> 0,5g]
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 stick of butter + a thin slice
- 2 eggs
- 2 or 3 of crushed ripe bananas
- 1 cup + ¼ of diced walnuts [>> 125g]
- Milk, if necessary.
Before cooking, don’t forget to take out of the fridge the butter and eggs as they have to be at room temperature.
. Chop the butter and add eggs and sugar to it: mix them together until it becomes a frothy dough.
. Peel the bananas, crash them and add them to the dough (I only used two).
. Add the dry ingredients to the dough (vanilla powder, baking powder and flour) and mix them all together.
. Last but not least, add the diced walnuts.
. If necessary, add some milk if you feel the dough is not soft enough (I didn’t add any).
. Now you can place the banana nut bread in your oven for 30/40 minutes at a temperature of 300/350 F° depending on your oven (on static mode). [>> 150°/180°]
Before you enjoy this delicious banana nut bread, here are some fun variations:
- With this dough, you can also make muffins, just switch the regular bread mold with a muffin tin.
- You can switch the walnuts with almonds.
- If you truly have a sweet tooth, you can add some peanut butter or, even better some Nocciolata Rigoni on top (choose from the regular version or the dairy & gluten free version).
- If you’re a fan of cinnamon, you can add some according to your taste.
Did you make the regular version or did you pick one of the variations?
For more recipes, visit the “savoring” section of the blog.