Vanilla and lemon bread: a delicious way to start the day
Today I felt like cooking but since I hadn’t done any grocery shopping I thought I’d make something with the things I had in my cupboard. I had enough ingredients to make some sort of plumcake. After the banana nut bread I made a few weeks ago, I felt like making a new version, more fresh and a great summer tread. Here is the recipe for a vanilla and lemon bread. The recipe is extremely easy! Let’s start with the ingredients:
- 2 cups + 1/3 cups of flour [>> 300g]
- ¾ cups + 2 teaspoons of white granulated sugar [>>150 – 170g]
- A pinch of vanilla extracts
- Half a stick of vanilla (just the seeds)
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 stick of butter + a thin slice (room temperature) [>>125g]
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3.5 to 4 oz of milk (whole or semi-skimmed or skimmed, you choose) [>>100 – 120 ml]
- The grated peel of one lemon (add more or less according to your taste)
. Mix the butter with the eggs and the sugar, stir them together.
. Add the dry ingredients to the dough (vanilla powder, vanilla seeds, baking powder and flour) and mix them all together.
. Add the grated peel of one lemon and the milk to the mixture.
. As a final touch, you can add a round slice of lemon on top for decoration.
. Now you can place the vanilla and lemon bread in your oven for 30/40 minutes at a temperature of 300/350 F° depending on your oven (on static mode). [>>150°/180°]
. Once used, do not through away the stick of vanilla you used: if you place it in a sugar bowl, you’ll have vanilla flavoured sugar.
What did you think of this recipe? Let me know! And check out all the other recipes in the savoring section of the blog.